Frequently Asked Questions

AnasayfaERASMUSFrequently Asked Questions

1. How long can I stay within the framework of the Erasmus Programme?

The duration of education in the Erasmus Program varies between 3-12 months.

2. How can I apply to be an Erasmus student?

Our university determines the application period every year to become an Erasmus student. During this period, students apply personally to the European Union Office.

3. Can associate degree students benefit from the Erasmus program?

Yes, they can. Associate, Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Program students can benefit from the Erasmus program.

4. Can I go to any university in Europe as an Erasmus student?

No, your Department / College / Institute must have a bilateral agreement with the department related to the program you are attending.

5. What is a Bilateral Agreement?

What two universities will make within the scope of the Erasmus program is a student (associate degree, undergraduate, graduate, doctorate) and/or lecturer exchange agreement for one year or longer.

6. As an Erasmus student, can I go to a university where my department does not have a mutual agreement but where the university has an agreement?

No. According to our university’s practice, you can go to the universities that your department has an agreement with as an Erasmus student.

7. What is a Learning Agreement?

A learning agreement is a document that shows the courses you will take at the university you attend, together with their credits. It shows your course schedule there.

8. What is the Academic Recognition Sheet, and what is it used for?

The academic recognition certificate shows which courses you take at the university you attend correspond to your university. It is a document that guarantees the acceptance of the courses you have taken after you return.

Complete this document with your coordinator.

This document must be approved by the faculty / Y. School / Institute administrative board and then forwarded to the student affairs department.

9. As an Erasmus student, will I register at my university during my stay abroad? Do I have to pay my tuition?

Yes, you will. You have to enrol in your university and pay your student fee. However, you do not choose a course.

10. Do I have to do the passport and visa procedures myself?

Yes, you do. Passport and visa procedures are at your own risk.

11. How long ago do I have to apply for a visa?

Call the consulate or embassy of the country you will immediately after you are selected as an Erasmus student. In some countries, it may take up to 5 months for the visa to be granted.

12. Does the University that I attend have to find a place to stay for me?

The university you attend does not have to find accommodation but can generally help Erasmus students find housing and problems.

13. Which health insurance should I have?

It would be best if you preferred internationally valid health insurance. You can also take out the insurance of the country you are visiting. The contents and scopes of insurance should be carefully researched and made.

14. When will I receive the Erasmus Grant after being selected as an Erasmus student?

You will receive 80% of the Erasmus Grant with all your documents, especially your Learning Agreement, signed by the host institution. You will receive the remaining 20% of the grant after completing your education as an Erasmus student, returning and completing the necessary documents and submitting them to the Erasmus office.

15. Will I participate in the Orientation program at the university I attend as an Erasmus student?

Yes, you will. Almost every university prepares an Orientation program for incoming Erasmus students. The orientation program helps you learn about that university and the education system.

16. Can I change the courses I will take after the Learning Agreement is completed before or after I go abroad?

Yes, you can change your courses by talking to your department coordinator.

17. What happens if I take five courses from the university I go to and fail 3 of them successfully?

Failed courses are re-taken at your university after returning.

18. Will the students of the university I attend have the same technical and social opportunities as I will have?

Yes. For example, you can equally benefit from laboratory facilities. Attention = Facilities (photocopy, etc.) that are subject to a fee for other students are valid for you, provided that you pay the same fee.

19. How many Erasmus Grants can I receive?

The monthly grant amount you will receive at the university you will host varies from country to country, but this amount may not be enough to meet all your needs.

20. What is the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)?

The European Credit Transfer System is a credit system used to facilitate academic recognition.

21. Is there a Language Preparation Course I can attend?

There is usually a supplementary foreign language course organized by the university in the host country before the academic education for the benefit of the Erasmus student.

22. Can I get a grant when I apply for the Erasmus Intensive Language Course?

The National Agency and/or the student’s institution can provide financial support for the EILC (Erasmus Intensive Language Course) other than English, German, French, Spanish, Italian.

23. Who can benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program?

Associate, undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students can benefit from the internship program.

24. How long can I stay within the framework of the Erasmus Internship Program?

Undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students can benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program for a minimum of 3 months and a maximum of 12 months, and associate degree students for a maximum of 2 weeks and a maximum of 12 months.

25. Can I still benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program after I graduate?

To benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program, you must be a student.

26. How can I apply to be an Erasmus Internship program student?

To be an Erasmus internship student, our university announces specific periods every year. These announcements remain in effect for three months. During this period, applications are made through the faculty internship coordinators.

27. In which institutions and organizations can I do an internship?

Internships can be done in Businesses, Education Centres, Research Centres and other organizations. However, European Institutions and organizations running Community Programs cannot host under this programme.

28. I have benefited from the Erasmus Study Mobility Program. Can I also benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program?

Yes, you can.

29. Is a Bilateral Agreement required to benefit from the Erasmus Internship Program?

No. It is sufficient to obtain the Letter of Intent document from the institution where you will do the internship for the internship program.

30. What is a Letter of Intent?

This document is the acceptance document that the student must obtain from the institution where they will do the internship.

31. Should I fill out the Letter of Intent and send it to the institution/organization to do my internship?

No. The counterparty must fill out this document.

32. Does the institution/organization where I will do my internship have to find a place to stay for me?

The institution/organization where you will do your internship does not have to find a place to stay.

PHP Code Snippets Powered By :